The rise in popularity of matcha tea shows no sign of slowing down – in fact, online searches for matcha tea have increased by more than 25% in the last three years alone – and more and more tea drinkers are discovering this unique type of tea, recommending it to their friends, and enjoying each cupful.
So what is it? Well, matcha leaves differ from normal tea leaves in structure, so instead of being crushed and used to infuse hot water, they're dried and finely ground so they mix seamlessly with water and, ideally, frothed, giving a smooth, creamy texture to match its unique flavour.
Pure Leaf's authentic matcha has been at the heart of the tea's rise in popularity. And to ensure the best tasting tea, Pure Leaf picks its matcha leaves in shady tea gardens in Kagoshima, Japan, and uses them in its Pure Matcha, Matcha Mint and Matcha Ginger variants. Each one combines the authentic taste of green tea with the smooth flavour profile loved by us here in the UK. Smooth, delicate and delicious, it's the matcha for the people that don't like matcha – and it's even Taste Approved by the Good Housekeeping Institute, too. You can drink Pure Leaf's matcha mixed with hot water and frothed, or with milk – hot or cold.
If you want to taste it for yourself, look no further – we've got a year's supply of Pure Leaf's matcha teas, along with accessories, for one lucky winner.
- 4 jars of Pure Leaf Original Matcha
- 4 jars of Pure Leaf Matcha Mint
- 4 jars of Pure Leaf Matcha Ginger
- Accessory hamper including whisk, bowl and frother
To enter, just answer a simple question.
The question is: Where in Japan is Pure Leaf's matcha tea picked?
Competition closes: 2nd December 2018
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Square Up Media Limited, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests by Square Up Media relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- The promoter is Square Up Media, 5 Tun Yard, Peardon Street, SW8 3HT.
- A list of winners will be available by writing into the publisher of the magazine or website at the Promoter's address no earlier than six weeks, unless otherwise stated, after the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.