Not drinking this month? Not a worry, the clever cocktail wizards over at Brother Marcus have created this alcohol-free mocktail that’ll make you forget all about high ABV beverages. Spiced up with za’atar, mint and sage syrup – it’s the perfect remedy to any Dry January-induced blues.
Brother Marcus’s Barberry Tonic mocktail
This alcohol-free mocktail is spiced up with za’atar and mint and is just the trick for quenching your thirst for Dry January
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
- 15ml sage syrup
- 25ml lemon juice
- 150ml tonic (and a dash to top up)
- 6g mint
- 8g za'atar
- Cucumber ribbon
- Roll the rim of a chilled glass with za’atar.
- Muddle together the remaining ingredients with a handful of ice in said glass.
- Top up with a splash of remaining tonic.
- Garnish with a cucumber ribbon and a pinch of za’atar for extra spice. And enjoy.