If you ask us, more than anything else, Christmas is a time for bringing people together. Tom Hixson of Smithfield, the third-generation master butchers, knows this, which is why they're offering you the chance to win a hamper of beautiful meat to share with your nearest and dearest this festive season.
Tom Hixson has been operating at Smithfield Market since 1963 and serving the restaurant trade for more than 55 years, so you can be sure its team knows their stuff. What's more, you can now get its award-winning produce via chilled delivery to your door, too.
The Christmas selection, which comes in a hamper named 'The Regent', has been curated in conjunction with some of the brand's most acclaimed restaurant clients, and features the types of products that's made them one of the best-loved butchers in the city – exclusive, exquisite produce, sourced from far and wide. It includes, among other things, a butterflied turkey, a gorgeous USDA chateaubriand, Australian wagyu steaks and more.
'The Regent' hamper prize includes:
- 4.2kg Turkey Butterfly (16 servings)
- 1.2kg USDA Chateaubriand (5 servings)
- 4 x 8oz Australian Wagyu Sirloin Steaks
- 2.5kg Iberico Pork French Trimmed Rack (10 servings)
- 2 x 500g Salt Moss Aged Lamb Loin (4 servings)
To enter, just answer a simple question.
The question is: In which year was Tom Hixson of Smithfield founded?
Competition closes: 29th November 2018
Square Up Media
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Square Up Media Limited, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests by Square Up Media relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
Tom Hixson of Smithfield
- A substitute product will be included if there are unforeseen supply shortages.
- Entrants must hold a UK postcode.