If you like scotch whisky but you're not sure where to start your endeavours, The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is the place for you. After all, it's no ordinary whisky club. It gives its members – both in the UK and around the world – exclusive access to a constant variety of whiskies that are like nothing you’ve ever tasted before, it's a club with real class. You can test out a selection of single-cask single malts, hand-picked by the Society's expert Tasting Panel. All of the SMWS's whiskies are bottled at cask strength and are bursting with intense flavours, making them the ideal way to explore the complex flavour profile of this classic pour. How you drink them is, of course, entirely up to you.
Members of this exclusive drinks club also get to share their passion with fellow whisky lovers at colourful tasting events and festivals, as well as at the Society's international partner bars and Members' Rooms in Edinburgh and London. The SMWS is the perfect place to either start your whisky journey or take it to the next level. You can get advice from our ambassadors and the knowledge and insights that you won’t find anywhere else. So, what are you waiting for? A chance to join for free? Well, good.
We're inviting one lucky Foodism reader the chance to join this big old whisky family and chance to win a year's membership. What’s more, you'll also get given a free gift of your first Society bottling to get you started, as well as a private tasting for four at the London Members’ Room so that three of your guests can share in that experience. Cheers.
Get a taste of the Society this summer with our 'Member for a day' offer. £19 gives you access to our members-only venue in London, plus a welcome dram and bar food dish. Follow the Society on Facebook to find out more the society's goings-on.
All you've got to do to be in with a chance to win is answer the question below:
The question is: Which cities does The Scotch Malt Whisky Society have Members' Rooms in?
Competition closes: 8th August 2019
- Winner must be aged 18 or over.
- Membership is for one person for the duration of one year from activation.
- Membership also includes one bottle of whisky, which will be selected by SMWS.
- Private tasting will take place at the Society’s Members’ Rooms at 19 Greville Street, London. It is subject to availability and must be booked in advance.
- Please note, the venue is open 12pm-11pm Monday – Friday, 12pm-9pm Saturday and closed on Sundays. Prize is non transferrable, and no cash alternative will be given.