Ladies and gentlemen, great Mexican food just got better. Fast-casual restaurant chain Chipotle has just launched a brand-new vegan braised tofu filling that's going to take London by storm.
Also known as sofritas, the new menu item is 100% vegan, gluten-free and easy to find on the menu as The Vegan Boost. Weighing in at just 305 calories and coming with romaine lettuce, black beans, salsa and that all-important vegan braised tofu, the Vegan Boost makes for the ideal delicious, satisfying and healthy lunch or snack.
But what makes it so good? Time, that's what. A blend of chopped tomatoes, sautéed onions, garlic and adobo is cooked slowly before fresh oregano, diced peppers and golden-fried tofu is added. This gorgeous sofritas sauce is then simmered for two hours until the tofu's texture is the perfect mix of firm, juicy and delicately balanced in flavour. Whether you have it in a burrito, taco, bowl or salad, you'll probably have never eaten tofu quite like it.
To celebrate the launch, Chipotle is giving away a year's worth of either burritos, bowls, salads or tacos to one lucky winner. That's 52 delicious Mexican meals, or one a week for a whole year.
What's more, if you're not lucky enough to win, you can get your hands on a 2-for-1 voucher to redeem at Chipotle, just by signing up for the restaurant chain's newsletter below.
For more information on Chipotle restaurants, visit chipotle.com
The question is: What type of cuisine is served at Chipotle?
Competition closes: 31st August 2018
This contest involves a website promotion by Chipotle UK in partnership with Foodism to provide 1 prize on 8th August, consisting of 52 burritos (excluding extras & guacamole). The contest is subject to the following official rules:
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Ordinary internet access, text message and similar charges do apply.
2. Contest period runs from 30th July 2018 through no later than 23:59pm on 31st August 2018. Each eligible entrant will be permitted to enter by submitting their email address on competition entry form.
3. To be eligible, entries must meet the criteria set forth in Section 2, and a winner will be picked at random as determined in the sole discretion of representatives designated by Chipotle. Winners will be notified by Chipotle within 24 hours of the contest ending. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
4. Entrants must be a legal resident of the United Kingdom, 18 years or older. Employees of Chipotle, and its affiliated companies, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, are not eligible entrants.
5. Eligible entrants may enter as often as they wish during the contest period, subject to limitations provided elsewhere in these official rules, but each Entry must be unique. Entries may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate language or content, as determined in Chipotle’s sole discretion. Entries deemed inappropriate or unsuitable in Chipotle’s sole discretion will be disqualified.
7. One winner will be chosen from all eligible entries by Chipotle, based on its selection criteria as described in Section 3. Winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of selection. In the event a winner does not claim the prize within 1 week of notification of their status as prize winner, Chipotle may in its sole discretion select a substitute winner, in which case such originally`notified winner will be disqualified and all rights and privileges of such originally`notified winner as a prize winner in the contest will be immediately waived.
8. No substitution for or transfer of prize permitted. Retail value of each prize is approximately £365c prize may not be redeemed for cash.
9. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and any other rules and regulations adopted by Chipotle.
10. Winners and their guests assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By accepting a prize, winner, his or her guests, and their respective executors, heirs and assigns, agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CMG Strategy Co., LLC, its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any and all liabilities, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of: (i) participation in the contest (including with respect to internet access, text message or similar charges for all attempted entries, whether or not made in error or accepted in the promotion)c or (ii) the receipt or redemption of any prize.
11. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOUR BY ANY PRIZE WINNER THAT CHIPOTLE DETERMINES MAY PLACE CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES IN DANGER OF VIOLATING ANY PROVISION OF APPLICABLE LAW, OR IN DANGER OF BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR THAT REFLECTS ADVERSELY ON CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, MAY IN CHIPOTLE’S SOLE DISCRETION BE DISQUALIFIED AS A WINNER AND ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
12. Chipotle does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this promotion or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion. Chipotle is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e`mail or players as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
13. If, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Chipotle which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. In the event the promotion is terminated prior to the stated expiration date, all or a portion of the prize may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Chipotle. Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds (a) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this promotion, (b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, © to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the promotion.
14. All determinations by CMG Strategy Co., LLC are final.
15. The contest is sponsored by CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202.