Make Tanqueray Gin's Mexican Collins
A Tom Collins but not as you know it. Give this gin-based, Mexican-inspired cocktail a run for its money at home
Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 5 mins
- 50ml Tanqueray London Dry Gin (2 units)
- 50ml ginger and lime chilli-infused syrup
- 125ml soda water
- 1 stalk basil garnish
For the syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- ½ red chilli, sliced lengthways, seeds removed
- Make a 2:1 simple syrup by combining two parts sugar to one part water in a pan.
- Roughly cube one inch of ginger, add to the pan, and simmer gently for 5 minutes, taking care not to boil.
- Remove from the heat, strain or spoon out the ginger, and allow to cool before adding fresh lime juice.
- Bottle with fresh chilli and leave to infuse for a couple of hours until you can taste the chilli kick.
To make the cocktail:
- Simply add ice, Tanqueray London Dry Gin and the infused syrup to a tall glass.
- Top with soda, stir well, and garnish with basil.