Make Dickie Fitz's courgette fritters with portobello mushrooms and goat curd
This handy little dish makes for a meal that suits any time of day. Convenient, no? You can thank us later
Preparation time 180 mins
Cooking time 15 mins
For the fritters
- 500g grated courgette
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 50g sliced spring onion
- 4g salt
- 2g sugar
- 1g cayenne pepper
- 1g nutmeg
- 25g parmesan
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 100g kale
- 100g goats curd
- Fritter mixture – add the salt and sugar to the grated courgette with a bit of water and leave for 2 hours
- Halve the tomatoes and lay on a baking tray along with the mushrooms (whole) and season with salt and pepper drizzle a little olive oil over them and bake at 200°C for 10 mins.
- Take the pre-prepared fritter mixture and squeeze out all the water then mix with the remaining fritter ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat. Add a little oil to pan and spoon two table spoons of the fritter mix into the pan press down so it’s even and fry on both sides till golden. Once cooked set aside.
- Add a knob of butter and splash of water to the pan boil then add the kale and cook for 3-5mins till soft.
- Place the fritters on top of the kale mushroom and tomato and spoon over the goats curd.