Appleton Estate challenged eight of the best bartenders in London to create a one-of-a-kind rum cocktail. This is Layton Campbell's offering. Try it yourself at home or head to The Ned for one (or three).
Make Layton Campbell's Windrush cocktail from The Ned
The grapefruit and nutmeg syrup work together to give this Appleton Estate rum-based cocktail an extra warming, zingy edge
Preparation time 5 mins
Cooking time 0 mins
- 35ml Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12YO
- 15ml lillet
- 15ml grapefruit and nutmeg syrup
- 25ml egg white
- 5ml lime juice
- 5ml green charteuse
- 2 dashes angostura bitter
- Shake all ingredients dry and then shake again with ice.
- Double strain and then shake again before pouring into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with 5 grates of nutmeg and grapefruit zest before discarding and adding a grapefruit spiral.