"Ceviche is extremely popular on the entire Pacific coast of Latin America. Any white fish can be used to make this dish. The addition of a variety of herbs, avocado and mango create a ceviche with a great combination of flavours. Chile produces fantastic examples of Sauvignon Blanc and at reasonable prices! Their profile highlights excellent acidity with ripe stone fruits which is perfect with this tasty ceviche." – Raul Diaz
Raul Diaz's ceviche with avocado and mango
This recipe for ceviche from Raul Diaz's Wines & Recipes cookbook is a quick, simple and refreshing way to impress your guests
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
- 250g cod (or any white fish) fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 avocado, chopped in small cubes
- 1 mango, chopped in small cubes
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 thumb piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 25ml olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Combine the fish, lime and lemon juice and onion in a large glass bowl.
- Mix it well and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, add the remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and black pepper.