If your idea of summer is listening to Nile Rodgers while nibbling on gourmet pizza; munching mac'n'cheese before dancing to Mahalia; or grooving to Simian Mobile Disco before eating a grilled cheese sandwich, you're in luck – the magical, otherworldly weekend of Standon Calling is back for 2019.
The festival prides itself on bringing brilliant music and sensational street food to village of Standon, Hertfordshire, for a three-day party that will cap off your summer.
Set among gentle rolling hills on a private estate, the location is beautiful in its own right – made all the more glorious by a fancy dress theme that stretches all the way from the stages to the drinks menus.
Previous headliners have included Kelis, Jess Glynne, Friendly Fires and Florence & The Machine, while the smaller stages are the place to find brilliant up-and-coming new music.
This year is no exception, with the likes of Rag'N'Bone Man, Wolf Alice and Nile Rodgers & Chic taking top billing. Elsewhere, Friendly Fires will be there as special guests, and other artists include grown up R&B goddess Mahalia, Kate Nash, The Japanese House, Babeheaven and DJ sets from Crazy P Soundsystem and Simian Mobile Disco.
And as for food? Have a gander at this tasty lot:
- Pleesecakes – cheesecake dessert cups
- E8 Fish – fish and chips from Smithfield Market
- Born & Raised – one of London's best-loved pizza joints
- The Beavertown & Friends Craft Beer House
- The Orchard Pig Cider Barn
- Freewheelin' – innovative pizzas created in the back of a van
- Ghetto Grillz – grilled sandwiches, juicy burgers and breakfast bagels
- Other Side Fried – juicy, crispy fried chicken
- Barnaby Sykes pies – handmade pies with mash and proper gravy
- Jolly Hog – award-winning sausages and bacon
- The MacFactory – gourmet mac'n'cheese
- Biff's Jack Shack – vegan fried 'chicken'
- Baggio Burger – hand-pressed, dry-aged beef patties
- Makatcha - delicious Indonesian rendang and pad thai
- Oh My Dog – gourmet hot dogs, with vegetarian options
- Poptata – fries, with a range of irresistible toppings
- Wingmans – brilliant chicken wings
- Bad Brownie – one of London's most incredible brownies
- Groovy Smoothies – juices and shakes for a much-needed dash of health
- Tudor's Pralines – freshly roasted French pralines served at a barrow-cart
- Carnival Coffee – the place to find your morning pick-me-up
- Toastie – hungry at 4am? Head here for addictive grilled sandwiches
- The Village Deli – all-day breakfasts and crispy scotch eggs
- Kitty's Cake Emporium – for a sweet treat
- Żubrówka – dangerously gluggable vodka cocktails
Weekend tickets from £169. standon-calling.com