José Pizarro's Norwegian cod a la donostiarra
Looking for a simple fish recipe that's packed with flavour? Look no further than this brilliant recipe from José Pizarro, which makes use of beautiful Norwegian cod fillets
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb garlic, cloves finely sliced
- 2 choricero dried chillies
- 2 tsp pimentón (smoked paprika)
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2x 200g chunky Norwegian cod loin fillets
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a non-stick sauté pan, heat the oil over a low heat and add the garlic and dried chillies. Cook gently until the garlic has just started to turn golden and smell fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl, and add the pimentón and vinegar and some salt and pepper. Season the cod fillets.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan and fry the cod for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown and just cooked. Set aside to rest for a minute.
- Pour any of the juices from the fish back into the pan you cooked it in and add the oil and garlic mixture. Whisk together over a low heat then serve the fish with the spiced garlic oil drizzled over and a sprinkling of parsley.