If the name Maryland makes you think of cookies, we're ashamed of you. But fear not – you can get back into our good books by treating yourself to these gorgeous Maryland crab cakes. A staple in the US state, particularly in Baltimore, they're easier to make than you might think, and damn delicious, too. Check out the recipe from Christopher's below.
Make these Maryland crab cakes
If the name Maryland makes you think of cookies, we're ashamed of you. Educate yourself by making these surpringinly easy Maryland crab cakes
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 15 mins
- 500g white handpicked best fresh crabmeat
- 1 small egg
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- Dash of Tabasco
- Clarified butter or sunflower oil for cooking
- In a bowl, pick through the crab meat to make sure that all the pieces of small shell have been removed. Combine the remaining ingredients, mix together thoroughly and check the seasoning.
- Divide the crab mix into six and shape into small cakes. Leave to rest in the fridge for an hour or two to firm up.
- Place a little butter or oil into a shallow pan or griddle plate, bring to a moderate heat, place cakes into pan and cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side until they have lovely golden colour.
- Place on a plate and serve with tomato jam, red-pepper mayo and rocket.