1. Mix the ricotta, milk and egg yolks together.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Slowly add the wet mix into the dry until just combined.
4. Whisk egg whites to stiff peaks and then fold into the batter mixture in two batches.
5. Heat a frying pan to medium and melt some butter until it gently foams.
6. Add pancake batter in rounds and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
1. Boil the sugar, honey, glucose and water together until you make golden caramel.
2. Add the Graham’s 10 Year Tawny Port toward the end of the boil - so as to retain the complex nutty flavours, creating a rich and deep amber colour.
3. Turn off the heat, add the bicarb and stand back as the mixture foams.
4. Pour out onto a lined baking tray and allow to cool.
5. Once honeycomb is cooled, break into small bits.
6. Add the honeycomb to the block of butter and pulse in a food processor until combined.
7. Roll the honeycomb butter into a log, cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge until needed.
8. To serve, allow two pancakes per person, topped with a disc of honeycomb butter on each and drizzled with maple syrup.