Small but mighty, these gold-coated quail eggs never fail to impress and are super simple to create – the gold colouring and black lava salt are at available at souschef.co.uk. Alex Head of Clapham café Social Pantry shows us how it's done. Try our three step easy recipe and create this canapé at home…
Make Social Pantry's gold quail eggs with black lava sea salt
Looking for an impressive but simple party canapé this Christmas? These gold quail eggs from Alex Head at Social Pantry should do the trick...
Preparation time 5 mins
Cooking time 3 mins
- 12 quail eggs
- 2 tbsps of colorant alimentaire metallisé (available to purchase on Sous Chef)
- 2 tbsps of Viking smoked salt or black lava salt (available to purchase on Sous Chef)
- Gently place your quail’s eggs into boiling water and cook for 2 mins 40 seconds and then run under cold water to cool down before peeling.
- Once cold, peeled and dry, sprinkle the gold powder over the eggs until they are evenly covered.
- Fill a ramekin with smoked salt or black lava salt for dipping.