Make Tart London's smoked haddock and sweet potato curry
Curry is an all-weather staple, so when the sun is shining but the cravings hit, give this light, fragrant fish and fresh turmeric curry from Tart London a go
Preparation time 30 mins
Cooking time 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 bird's eye chilli, finely chopped
- Bunch of coriander, stalks chopped and leaves reserved for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and juiced or grated (or use 2 teaspoons ground turmeric)
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 large glass (250ml) white wine
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500g skinless smoked haddock fillet, cut into large chunks
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Handful of spinach
- Sliced chilli
- Lime wedges
- Flatbreads or rice
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, then add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes over a medium heat. Next add the ginger, chilli, coriander stalks, coriander seeds, turmeric and lime leaves and continue to sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet potato, fish sauce, white wine and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 12-15 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add the haddock to the pan, stir carefully and cook for 4-5 minutes, then add the lime zest and juice, spinach and season.
- Divide between warmed bowls and serve with yoghurt, sliced chilli, coriander leaves, lime wedges and flatbreads or rice.