Make Oonagh Simm’s Baileys marshmallow s'mores
Oonagh Simm's ultimate Bonfire Night snack; layers of gooey toasted Baileys Irish Cream marshmallows between warming ginger biscuits and a layer of Baileys chocolate gana
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 5 mins
- The Marshmallowist’s Baileys marshmallows (available here)
- 12 spiced ginger biscuits
- 1 medium-sized chocolate bar of your choice (the thinner the bar the better)
- Caramelised hazelnuts (optional)
- 100ml Baileys
- 80ml double cream
- 60g dark 70% cocoa chocolate, roughly chopped
For the ganache
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl
- Combine the cream and Baileys together in a medium saucepan.
- Gently heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat and pour the cream mixture slowly over the chocolate. Stir with a spatula until fully combined and the ganache is smooth and glossy.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before using.
To create your s'more
- First, chop your chocolate bar into shards.
- Place a teaspoon of ganache onto a thin spiced ginger biscuit
- Place a toasted marshmallow over the ganache before placing a square of chocolate on top and sandwiching it with a final biscuit. P.s. If you want to make your bonfire s'more go off with a bang, top with caramelised “firework” hazelnuts.
Created by Oonagh Simms, aka 'The Marshmallowist'