Make Alex Head of Social Pantry's sherry fudge
Give your usual fudge recipe a festive twist with sweet sherry – it's perfect for Christmas parties, and makes for a moreish, dad-friendly sweet treat
Preparation time 0 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
- 600g caster sugar
- 550ml double cream
- 150g sweet sherry
- 280g butter
- Almonds, to decorate
- Put the sugar, cream, sherry and butter in a tall saucepan.
- Heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a steady boil once sugar has dissolved.
- Once this has reached 150 degrees on a thermometer, start stirring constantly.
- Keep stirring and once heated to 120 degrees, transfer to a mixing bowl
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Using the whisk attachment on your mixer, whisk for 1-2 minutes. If the mixture starts to split, slow the machine down and continue whisking. It’ll return to its normal state.
- Pour into a greaseproof lined tray, sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Leave in the fridge to set.