Halloween wouldn't be complete without some sort of pumpkin-based cocktail, and this one from Bread Street Kitchen's head barman Paul Hogg is devilishly delicious. Check out the recipe below.
Bread Street Kitchen's Smashing Pumpkin cocktail recipe
Here's a cocktail recipe to make sure you have a frightful evening this Halloween...just don't have too many, otherwise you might find yourself having a frightful morning after, too
Preparation time 30 mins
Cooking time 0 mins
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 8 mint leaves
- 25ml homemade pumpkin syrup (see below)
- 40ml Monkey Shoulder whisky
- 1 small pumpkin
- 400g pumpkin pulp (taken from the hollowed out pumpkin)
- 60g granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon five spice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 250ml water
- Hollow out the pumpkin so you are left with a shell.
- Use the pumpkin pulp to make the syrup. Add all the ingredients to a saucepan over a low heat and whisk together until smooth.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, drain the liquid through a sieve into a jar to get rid of the stringy pulp and seeds.
- Combine the lemon juice, mint, pumpkin syrup and the whisky in a shaker or a jug.
- Add crushed ice and stir a couple of times. Pour into the pumpkin.
- Garnish with a large mint sprig and straw.