Think of your best summer memories – what was involved? Sunshine, definitely. A chilled drink, almost certainly. Live music and scoffable food from some of London's best traders and restaurants? The ultimate icing on the cake.
For a place where you can get all of the above (good weather not guaranteed) look to Standon Calling, one of the UK's best and brightest boutique festivals just 45 minutes outside London in Hertfordshire – making it an easy journey when you drag your festival-ravaged body home after a weekend of partying.
But partying isn't all you can do; Standon is renowned for a family-friendly atmosphere and heaps of entertainment that ranges from wellbeing workshops to arts performances and its much-loved Sunday-morning Dog Show to the swimming pool.
Then, of course, there's the music. A few of the names to look out for include Paloma Faith, electronic duo Goldfrapp, off-the-wall favourites The Cuban Brothers and more – just check out the full line up and you'll find something to tickle your fancy.
But we know what you're really here for: to get the lowdown on the food. You'll find us dancing while munching burgers – a complex skill we've honed over many years of eating – at Patty & Bun's Patty Party; licking our fingers after attacking Wingmans' chicken wings; or refuelling with a much-needed caffeine hit at the Flying Machine Café.
Want to know what else you can get your greedy chops 'round over the course of the weekend? Read the list below:
- Born & Raised – pizza served from a Land Rover Defender. Because why wouldn't you?
- Kerbisher & Malt – arguably some of the fish and chips you'll ever eat
- Happy Maki – goodness-packed vegan sushi, because you just know you'll want to eat something healthy at some point
- Nazari – Moorish (and moreish) wraps and flatbreads
- Makatcha – incredible Indonesian
- Barnaby Sykes Pies – we'll have a steak and ale with extra mash
- Oh My Dog – the ultimate street food given an upgrade
- The Mac Factory – a big ol' hug of a dish
- Bad Brownie – you won't be able to eat just one, promise
- Waffle On – waffles, topped with everything from bacon to fresh fruit
- Le Bao – addictively soft and fluffy bao buns
- Ghetto Grillz – salt beef Reuben in a Brick Lane bagel. Hangover: sorted
- Other Side Fried – fried chicken is always the answer
- BBQ Dreamz – Filipino-inspired BBQ
- Carboni's – steak sandwiches in ciabatta rolls and burgers cooked on a josper grill. Mouthwatering
- Elephant Juice – refuel and refresh with a juice
- Carnival Coffee – does what it says on the tin
- Toastie – all but 24 hours over the weekend. You will find yourself queuing here at some point
- The Village Deli – crispy scotch eggs for when you need some proper British grub
- Kitty's Cake Emporium – because there's always time for cake
- Jimmy's Ice Cream – smooth, creamy and homemade
Buy your tickets NOW at standon-calling.com/tickets. See you there.