Make Alex Head's grilled summer peaches
Slightly charred, warm and juicy, these grilled peaches make the perfect sweet end to a barbecue in the summer sun
Preparation time 5 mins
Cooking time 10mins
- 4 fresh peaches
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g flaked almonds
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 tbsp Coconut yoghurt
- A good drizzle of honey
- Toast the flaked almonds in a dry saucepan on a low heat until lightly browned; this can be done in advance and set aside until serving. (tip: I'll often do a big batch at one time as they're also great for sprinkling over porridge or salad).
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone.
- Brush the peaches with oil, ensuring the cut sides are well coated.
- Place the peaches cut side down on your BBQ until grill marks form. Turn the halves over and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon. This will melt onto the peaches.
- Grill until softened and well-marked. If you need to finish them off in the oven, cook them at 150°C fan for an additional 5 or 10 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve on a plate with a spoonful of coconut yogurt, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
- Enjoy hot or cold.