Here at Foodism, we love to champion the many exciting, growing businesses that have made London one of the best places in the world to be a food and drink lover.
And now we're doing our bit to get behind the next generation, by partnering with crowdfunding platform Crowdcube to offer early or growth stage businesses the chance to win up to £200,000 in media spend on Foodism and our sister titles Escapism, Square Mile and Hedge.
We're inviting applications for entries between now and 19 November, when we'll whittle entrants down to a shortlist of seven companies, who'll be invited to pitch at an event in November. Successful businesses will be given the opportunity to fundraise for investment and, if successful in reaching their target, a share in up to £200,000 in media spend across Square Up Media's brands.
Pitching – in pictures
By winning this competition, you'll be able to elevate your business and take it to the next level. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Up to £200,000 in media spend across brands Foodism, Escapism, Hedge, Square Mile
- Winners will gain access to the Square Up Media network
- Increased brand awareness across the UK
- Day-long crowdfunding accelerator with the fundraising team at Crowdcube
- Investment-readiness workshop with Grant Thornton
- Crowdfunding pitch where you can raise up to €8 million in exchange for equity in your business
You must meet the criteria in order to be shortlisted to the final:
- Looking to close investment on Crowdcube before 31st March 2019
- Available to pitch at the final in London on 29th November 2018
- Be a UK Limited Company
- Have a post-revenue business with an engaged consumer base
- Looking to engage with Square Up Media's brands