Our/London's vodka, funnily enough, has Scandinavian roots – which makes sense when you see the sleek design of the bottles. Although it's made locally in London, it's part of a wider company called Our/Vodka, which has set up distilleries in 5 countries, each making a spirit that's born out of the character and ingredients of its local area. London's vodka is best enjoyed in a refreshing cocktail like this hibiscus collins.
Our/London vodka's recipe for hibiscus collins
Our/London's vodka may technically come from a Scandinavian company, but the spirit is still inspired by the character and larder of Hackney, where it's distilled. Here, it's served in a refreshing hibiscus collins cocktail
Preparation time 30 mins
Cooking time 5 mins
- 50ML Our/London vodka
- 20ML lemonade
- 30ML sorrell punch
For the sorrell punch
- 2 ¼ cups dried hibiscus flowers (sorrel)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped ginger
- 6 cups water
For the lemonade
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup simple syrup
- First, make the sorrel punch:place all of the ingredients except the water in a medium sauce pan or other heat safe container. In a small pot bring the water to the boil. Once boiling, pour water over the dry ingredients and give a stir. Let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, cover and place in the refrigerator and let steep for two days.
- Make the lemonade: combine all ingredients and stir.
- Add ice to a collins glass. Next add lemonade followed by Our/London vodka.
- Top with sorrel. Add mint sprig for garnish.