"The Bolney rosso negroni is a twisted take on the Italian aperitivo." Says Anthony Peart, Bar Manager at The Hand and Flowers, who came up with this special serve. "English sloes and elderberries add a pleasing dryness which amps up the eucalyptus notes coming from the gin's biggest player: juniper. It's an amazingly balanced drink for any occasion or for casual sipping.”
Make The Hand and Flowers' classic negroni with Bolney Rosso
An English take on an Italian classic: give two-Michelin-starred pub The Hand and Flowers' collaboration with English vineyard Bolney Wine Estate's rosso vermouth negroni a spin at home
Preparation time 5 mins
Cooking time 0 mins
- 25ml Bolney Rosso vermouth
- 25ml Tanqueray London Dry gin
- 25ml Campari
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass filled a quarter of the way with ice.
- Stir ingredients until chilled (approx. 10 seconds)
- Single strain into a rocks glass and add ice.
- Garnish with a twist of orange or an orange slice.