We shouldn't be coercing you to drink until mid-December at least, but to hell with it. If you want a wintry pick-me-up (or put-me-down, as the case may be), Galvin's Darkest Hot Chocolate is the one for you.
A recipe for whisky-laced hot chocolate from Galvin At Windows
If you want a wintry pick-me-up (or put-me-down, as the case may be), Galvin's Darkest Hot Chocolate is the one for you
Preparation time 20 mins
Cooking time 5 mins
- 50ml Bowmore 15yo Darkest
- 15ml cherry liqueur (ratafia or similar)
- 10ml cinnamon syrup
- 250ml whole milk
- 11g Fair Trade hot chocolate
- Ice cubes (for cold variation)
- Heat milk until warm but not piping hot, stir in hot chocolate and mix well. Add remaining of ingredients and combine slowly. Transfer liquid into your favourite mug, garnish with a cinnamon stick a little cocoa power and enjoy.
- To make Bowmore Cold Chocolate, follow the instructions above and leave liquid to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Pour into a chilled glass and serve over ice with cinnamon sticks and cocoa powder to finish.